As a solopreneur, you’re constantly wearing many hats. If you find yourself juggling endless tasks and falling behind, then it’s time to look into workflow automation. Through technology, you can streamline your workflow process and eliminate repetitive tasks (you know the ones!), so you can free up your time. Learn more about the benefits of workflow automation for small businesses.
Why Do You Need Workflow Automation?
As a solopreneur, you’re used to doing it all on your own. And while it’s important that you know your business inside and out, you also only have so many hours in a day. Automation is a powerful tool that can ease complex workflows. Automated business processes can:
- Simplify redundant tasks: Data entry, email sorting and file organization are all manual tasks that you can automate.
- Contribute to cost savings: If you take the time to analyze your manual processes, you can identify inefficiencies — meaning you can properly allocate resources. Better resource allocation and equipment optimization can help you save money.
- Eliminate human error: Humans make mistakes, even with simple tasks. An automation tool can save you from a wide range of errors, including incorrect data entry and missed deadlines.
- Save you time: As a solopreneur, your time is incredibly valuable, so you shouldn’t dedicate your day to administrative tasks that you can easily automate. Moving to automated processes is also great for task management — you can determine what you truly need to focus your attention on and what doesn’t require immediate action.
5 Ways to Automate Your Small Business
The beauty of automation is that you can use it for a wide variety of everyday tasks, whether that’s taking advantage of pre-built templates on Google Sheets, scheduling social media posts or reaching out to potential customers with email campaigns. Here are a few ways you can get started as a solopreneur:
- Managing customers: When you start working with a new client, you don’t want to spend time inputting their information and adding them to your system. It might be tenable when you’re just starting out, but as your business grows over a period of time, it can become too time-consuming. Look for an automation tool that does it for you. You can start with Noodle. Your dashboard displays all their information in one convenient location, so you can keep everything organized — from transactions to reviews to service details.
- Scheduling appointments: You can reach out to clients and ask about their availability. Of course, this then requires that you look into your own calendar and find what best aligns with their schedule. What’s worse is if they’re in different time zones, you can easily make a mistake. Instead of this back-and-forth, have your clients schedule appointments when it works for you. Noodle has a booking and scheduling feature that lets you share your availability with a single link. And voila, no more fear of double-booking!
- Sending invoices: Invoicing is a necessary part of business and one where you don’t want to make mistakes. Skip the manual process and use workflow automation software to keep everything on track. Let Noodle handle invoicing and feel confident knowing that it’ll make its way to your customer precisely when it should.
- Collecting reviews: Reviews are an important part of building a reputation and growing a business, but this can also be a cumbersome process. While you’re managing other aspects of your company, you might forget to reach out to someone and ask for their opinions. Noodle, however, automatically asks your clients to fill out a digital form so they can provide feedback.
- Connecting with your customers: You can connect with your customers in a few different ways, including through your marketing efforts, such as a newsletter. Regardless of how you choose to go about it, it’s a necessary part of running a business. It can help you make a potential customer a loyal one. The Noodle AI assistant can send reminder emails and text messages to your clients to remind them of upcoming bookings. And since the Noodle AI is on 24/7 and you need rest, it can handle interactions with your customers, too.
Running a business as a one-person team is hard enough. Free up your time by signing up for a free Noodle account to automate everyday tasks, such as invoicing and scheduling appointments.